Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Disguise of Sin

You are captivated by my beauty
When you look in my eyes
Blinded by the rays of untruth
That is always in disguise.

You are pleased by the warmth of my embrace
When you feel my soft touch
Crippled by the sting of numbness
You have come to love so much.

You are lured by the savor in each bite
When you digest my sweet taste
Seduced as you feast upon sour
You can’t realize toxic waste
  
You are charmed by the pitch in tone
When you hear my great words
Hypnotized by the noise of trash
Quality sound can’t be heard

You are drawn by the scent of my fragrance
When you sniff my bouquet
Breathless by the stench of odor
You can’t detect its decay

You are certain that you know who I am
Yet time and time again
In my deception you are trapped
You can’t win for I am SIN
 ©copyright 2014 Benita Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments