Sunday, June 9, 2013

I Can't See the Good for the Bad

I Can’t See the Good...for the Bad

What is cancer but an ugly cancer sore?
That makes me weak, I want to roar!
And living life becomes a chore.
But another day has passed and I’m still alive.
Then why am I sad?
I can’t see the Good... for the Bad.

Every day, every hour, every minute,
I want to cry, who knows what’s in it?
More appointments, more medicine for the pain.
The sun is shining, but all I see is rain.
That’s why I’m so sad.
I can’t see the Good... for the Bad.

It has altered my looks; I have no hair.
When people see me, they just stare.
Then comes the look of “Oh, I’m so sorry”!
As if I’ll be gone by tomorrow.
You wonder why I’m so sad?
I can’t see the Good because you remind me of the Bad.

I’ve had enough! No more! No more! No more!
You ugly cancer sore.
With you, I’m weak, but God will make me strong.
If I cling to Him, I won’t go wrong.
Therefore, I’m no longer sad.
In fact, I’m very glad.
I can now see the Good...God takes care of the Bad.
© copyright 2005 Benita Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments