Wednesday, May 8, 2013

In Remembrance of Mother



I miss your warm smile
And remember your infectious laugh
I miss your tender touch
And the armor of your hug
I miss listening to your voice
And the well guided advice.

Just a funny though of you makes me laugh
When I long to hear your voice
I think of all the great advice
When I long to feel your touch
I give myself a hug
Your memory always brings a smile.

Just to feel again that thoughtful touch
Or the security of your hug
Would bring to my face a smile
And through the day I would laugh
When I think of the advice,
And the sweet sound of your voice.

I cherish the delicacy of your hug
And the warmth of each touch
I still remember the highs and lows of your voice
In the giving of advice
Although I miss you much, I can still smile
Remembering all the times we just laugh.

You will always have a voice
As I share with others your awesome advice
Stories about you will make them laugh
Your sweet personality will make them smile
Coupled with a caring touch
And a comforting hug.

Your legacy will live on through your advice
I’ll be sure to give it with love and a kind voice
Expressing the importance of a gentle touch
Sharing it with a rejuvenating smile
And seal it with a protecting hug.

Reflections of your smile and laugh
Give credence to your voice of advice
And I’m reminded of the power of your touch and hug.
© copyright 2013 Benita Lewis


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comments